Anonymous
Well work has begun, and is progressing nicely on the new toilet/shower room or cludgie as it is affectionately known by some. I think this is a northern word for an outside toilet but not many people seem to know it.

When Richard built the crop shop for me 4 years ago we were unable to build a toilet as we shared a cesspit with next door and it would have meant digging across his ground to lay the pipes and breaking into the cesspit. Henry is very accomodating but this seemed rather cheeky. Consequently if the girls at the crops and classes needed to attend the call of nature they had to brave the elements to come down to the house. Earlier this year Southern Water laid a sewer along the lane and we now have our very own sewage system. Envious aren't you? So now he can lay the pipes down through our garden and into the manhole.

We aimed to have it completed by Christmas but the way things are going it could finished well be before that. So we have been visiting Bathroom shops for inspiration. Goodness what a choice there is. I have to keep reminding myself that this is basically an outside loo and not get carried away with all of these gorgeous fittings. You can spend a fortune just on a shower head.
8 Responses
  1. OOO so no running out in the rain then Jill??? Spoilt are we not??? Hope that we won't be in need of a shower ;).....


  2. Linda Says:

    Cant wait to try the new facilities :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'm afraid that you will have to cross your legs a bit longer Linda.

    you can always use my umbrella Sarah :)


  4. Anita Says:

    Bags I visit the throne room first ;)..xxxxx
    Oooooooooh I hope you are treating us to luxury quilted Jill??? he!he!he!..xxxx


  5. It's going to be a very posh cludgie indeed. No Bronco or Izal I hope!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Of course not Gillian. I am shocked that you would even suggest it - but I am collecting old newspapers to cut up into squares ^_~


  7. KraftyKaren Says:

    Looking forward to christening the new throne!!! Now how I am going to get my monthly exercise if I no longer have to do the garden dash!!


  8. liz Says:

    Now we can't talk about anyone when they go out!! What will we do?


Post a Comment