Anonymous
I am certainly a glutton for punishment. I went to Debden again last weekend, for the second time in 4 weeks.

As usual the weather was good although a little chilly this time. We had some good laughs and although I felt that the food wasn't up to the usual standard there was still plenty to eat.

For a change I thought I might have a go at card making. I borrowed some CD's from my friend Liz, and wore it out printing off loads of images. In all I made 25 cards, but I didn't take any photos.

I belong to a little cyberspace group called the GOGs, and there are 10 of us in all, and we try to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Charity. I sent the cards off to another friend, Val, who sells them in her Police Station and any proceeds go to our charity. I think we have raised in excess of £2500 in the last 4 years.

So if anyone has any cards that they have made and that are hanging around and you are prepared to donate them to a good cause we would be pleased to have them.
5 Responses
  1. KraftyKaren Says:

    Glad you had a nice time Jill, sorry food wasn't up to the usual standard. I will have a look at my charity cards and weed out some of the older stock for you - as I am mainly selling to the same people most of the time, they get fed up with seeing the same cards all the time.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks Karen that is very kind of you.


  3. Lynn Says:

    Glad you had a good weekend. Sorry I gave all my spare cards to another charity recently! Just been making them as I need them lately. May have some spare Cricut ones after September!
    Shame about the food.


  4. Alison Says:

    And those cards were lovely, too! 25 is a good achievement and hopefully you will go on to make more. Thanks for organising a great weekend, though I do agree with you about the food ....


  5. well done on the marathon card making and round of applause on the fund raising :)


Post a Comment