Anonymous
It was my birthday on St Patricks Day, 17 March, and I received so many beautiful cards and girfts, I was overwhelmed. I know so many kind and talented people.

The following weekend I went to Debden House for a crafting weekend with some friends. Well actually they invited me to come 4 years ago, to make up the numbers, I think, and they haven't been able to get rid of me since. It is an annual event and I really look forward to it. This year it fell just after my birthday, and also my friend Anita's birthday was on Monday 21st. So the weekend was extra special this year. My daughter Angie kindly looked after the shop for 2 days and designed the Mothers Day window for me.

Here are just a few of the lovely cards that I recieved. I am sorry for the quality but I have quickly photographed them on the dining table. Not the best way to present them I know.


I am sure that no one will mind if I especially point out this card. It was from Dot. Dot has been seriously ill for the last 18 months or so and has days when she has trouble with her joints etc and cannot hold a pair of scissors. I was so touched by the effort that she put into making this beautiful card. Thank you Dot.



And thank you everyone else for making my day so special.

4 Responses
  1. Wow you are a popular girl, there are some cracking cards there and Dot's is beautiful


  2. liz Says:

    It works both ways Jill - you are a good friend to us too (well sometimes, unless you happen to be twisting one's arm right up their back!!) I agree Dot's card is lovely in its own right but knowing how difficult it must have been to do, it's stunning. xx


  3. Lynn Says:

    Missed this post Jill, What a lovely display of birthday cards. xxx


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hope you had alovely birthday Jill! xxx


Post a Comment